Solar/Motor Design and Assessments
The rising popularity of residential and commercial photovoltaic systems has had a significant impact on distribution networks, particularly voltage rise issues.
At C5 we have extensive experience in studying the impact of embedded PV generation on the network, and in providing solutions to accommodate new installations in accordance with AS 5033 and AS 4777.
We also provide network assessments on the impact of large motors and provide suitable starting current limits to ensure all projects comply with AS 61000.3.
Our network assessment of PV and motor starting covers:
- Voltage rise due to PV installation (at both LV and HV distribution level)
- PV penetration of distribution supply transformer
- Cumulative voltage dip at connection point at motor steady state
- Motor start current limits
- Flicker emission limits
- Emission limits for harmonics