Royal Hobart Hospital Re-Development Primary and Secondary Testing
C5 was awarded the role of commissioning engineers as part of the Royal Hobart Hospital redevelopment project in Hobart Tasmania.
The Royal Hobart Hospital redevelopment was a major project that incorporated a number of different service providers, implemented in a multi-stage manner while the existing Hospital remained operational. The secondary design system incorporated IEC61850 protocols which was one of the first in the State.
C5 was awarded the role of primary and secondary commissioning engineers, using our expertise to quickly address any technical gaps identified during the pre-commissioning phases of the project to ensure the electrical commissioning schedule was achieved.Get in Touch
C5 was able to extend our original scope services to assist in delivery design elements as well as the commissioning testing services which included services such as:
- End to End project management between all stakeholders – developer, consultants, council, constructors and network service provider
- Site Acceptance testing of HV switchboards, associated relays, transformers winding and cables
- Development of IEC61850 signal matrix and protection files
- Development of detailed equipment integration drawings
- Off Frequency current injection testing to ensure the earthing design meets industry best practice and safety compliance
- HV certification in accordance with local Occupational Licensing Act
- Construction support through the implementation phase