The Hedberg Building Substation Certification
C5 was awarded the role of independent certifying engineer and commissioning testing engineer for the commissioning of a new building type distribution substation in Hobart CBD.
The building substation design layout developed by others presented a number of issues with respect to compliance with the relevant standards such as AS 2067. Further, the new building substation directly connects to a neighboring High Voltage switchroom owned and operated by the NSP which is then connected within close proximity to the NSP’s Zone Substation. The need for bespoke commissioning solutions was required to satisfy safety, client and whole of life asset requirements.Get in Touch
C5 was able to offer our expertise in High Voltage certification and High Voltage commissioning testing in accordance with local legislative requirements based on our extensive historical experience in this field of engineering. Our certification and commissioning services included:
- End to End project management between all stakeholders – developer, consultants, council, constructors and network service provider
- Site Acceptance testing of HV switchboards, associated relays, transformers winding and cables
- Off Frequency current injection testing to ensure the earthing design meets industry best practice and safety compliance
- HV certification in accordance with local Occupational Licensing Act
- Construction support through the implementation phase.